How we handle your data
Gill Henderson is the appointed data protection officer
Gyana Yoga with Gill takes the privacy and security of our clients seriously. We have a legal duty to ensure that your data does not fall into the wrong hands. ‘We must also make sure that the data that we hold is, relevant accurate , adequate and not excessive.
Normally the information held by us comes directly from you, when information is collected from you , we will make it clear which information is required in order to provide you with the service, information or goods that you require. You don’t have to give any additional information unless you choose to . Your personal information is stored responsibly in a secure environment that is not available to the public. Your personal information will be protected no matter where we store or process your data.
From time to time this policy may be reviewed by us. We reserve the right to change our policy , and should this occur , it will be posted on the Gyana Yoga with Gill website.
Information collected at classes on forms and on the website may include –
- Any Personal information provided to us through the use of registration forms at classes and emails containing for example, name and contact details.
- Gyana Yoga with Gill will never sell, trade, rent, exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company or organisation. However, if you are a student attending classes at Santosha Yoga Studio, your contact details will be passed onto the Studio .
- In order to process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the Bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the Euopean Economic area – EEA. Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- The details collected will be used to process your sale
- Your IP address (the string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you use our site) . We use these addresses to help diagnose problems with our server , to administer our website and to help ensure the security of your interaction with our website.
- Recorded data which allows our website to recognise you and your preferred settings ( cookies) preventing you from having to provide information on subsequent visits to the site. You can programme your browser to warn you before downloading cookies – you can find this information in your browser’s ‘help facility’.
- Any personal data that is collected from this website will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations ( GDPR) 2018 and all other applicable laws.
- If another teacher or person is employed to perform a service – they may be required to handle your personal information. In these circumstances those third party contractors will safeguard this information and only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, but we are not responsible for ensuring this.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed without your consent unless to prevent a threat of life or health, authorised by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate an unlawful activity.
Individuals rights under Freedom of Information Act ( FOI)
i) You have the right to be informed about any information that we hold about you . ( apart from a few things which we may be obliged to withhold from you because they concern other people as well as you )
ii) The right of access to your data – under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
iii) The right to rectification (changes, corrections etc) of the right to erasure (removal, deletion) .
iv) The right to restrict processing (by third party software,)o the right to data portability (to ask for any data held on you.
v) The right to object (to use or storage of data) o the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
To obtain a copy please contact Gyana Yoga with Gill and there is normally a £10 charge for a copy of your data. We normally aim to comply as promptly as possible., within 40 days.
If there was a breach of the online booking system – Stripe we would –
i) Inform our clients as to the nature and severity of the breach •
ii) Keep our clients informed as new information was provided to us from Stripe We would follow a similar procedure in the event of a breach at our other 3rd party data controllers ie Google
Data Breach of a company laptop or phone –
i) In the event of the theft or data breach of one of our company laptops or phones, we would: • immediately inform our clients as to the nature and severity of the breach •
ii) Keep our clients informed as new information became available.
iii) Work with law enforcement to try to recover the device • failing that, in the case of a phone, we would wipe it.
Thank you in advance for your compliance with the Gyana Yoga with Gill Terms and Conditions, when booking a class, course or workshop.
We may like to contact you in the future about other services that we provide. You have the right to ask us not to contact you in this way. We will always strive to provide a clear method for you to opt out. Of course you can always contact us at any time to tell us not to send you any future marketing material.
Payment terms and conditions
Details of prices are available on the website or from communication from Gyana Yoga with Gill.
Payment is by cash cheque or online on our website – they are subject to any statutory right of cancellation – they are non –refundable unless otherwise stated.
Yoga and Baby Massage courses are booked in advance –
If there is space a client may join during a course.
Please check availability and start dates of courses by contacting Gill first. Once booked the course must begin within one month of booking.
Bookings are for consecutive weeks and are non transferable and non –refundable.
One to One sessions – 24 hours notice of cancellation is required
If a client is unable to attend due to medical reasons a written doctor’s note confirming that the client was unable to attend for medical reasons is required within 7 days of the class or session missed. A new class/ session will be given on receipt of the note.
Workshops, retreats and Chill with Gill
Are booked in advance. One week’s notice is required if the client is unable to attend, then a full refund will be given. After that up to 24 hours notice is required for 50% of the booking price to be refunded. There are no refunds for cancellations on the day of an event, retreat/ Chill with Gill session. Bookings are for the student only, and are non transferable.
Gift vouchers Must be used within 6 months of purchase.
Fitness and health
Classes may be of a level of fitness that the client may not be used to clients are asked to famiiarise themselves with what the classes involve either by reading the website www.yogawithgill.com or speaking to Gill Henderson
Each client is required to complete a medical declaration form which should state any physical or mental medical conditions, injuries., weaknesses or pregnancy, for themselves and their baby/babies. They are also responsible for updating the teacher of any changes to these when necessary.
Clients must notify Gyana Yoga with Gill of any circumstances affecting their health, or baby’s health that may be exacerbated through Yoga,or Baby Massage.
Please wear loose or stretchy, comfortable clothes. Shoes should be removed and stored safely away. Yoga is normally practised in bare feet unless a client has an infectious medical condition on their foot/ feet.
Mobile phones should be switched off and stored either in shoes or a bag away from the yoga mat.
Please bring your own for hygiene purposes and clean it regularly. It may be possible to borrow a mat and this will be cleaned accordingly after use.
Live Online classes
Legal Disclaimer – If a student is unsure whether they should practice Yoga,or Baby Massage online due to a medical condition or injury, or any other weakness, or condition, they should consult a doctor before attending, Classes may be participated in by a student (and their baby) at their own risk.
You must ask written permission if you would like to link to our website or copy material in any way.
You must not tamper with or interfere with the working of our site. Including hacking into any server or site where it resides.
You agree to read and comply with our terms and conditions. Anyone enfringing on these terms could be excluded.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a data file, which often includes a unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web server and is then stored on the hard drive of the device you are using to browse the website. Each website you visit can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy your browser only permits a website to access cookies it has already sent to you, not cookies sent to you by other sites.
Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Please be aware that blocking cookies may affect the functionality of this website.
Gyana Yoga with Gill website uses a number of cookies to enable you to use this site. Below is a list of the cookies we may use and explanations of their purpose.
This cookie is an essential part of the browsing experience on Gyana Yoga with Gill and is necessary for the functioning of the website. This cookie is placed as part of the session and expires when you close your browser.
_utma _utmc _utmz
These cookies are part of our web analytics software, Google Analytics and are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set on this website (or, indeed, on any other website) you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.cookiesandyou.com which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this website.
We collect and send anonymous cookies to Google Analytics. These cookies are used to collect information on how users view our site. We use this information to help us improve the site. They do not collect any personal information and are used for no other purpose. To find out more about opting out of Google Analytics visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Covid 19 Update August 2020
Yoga with Gill will be running a selection of Online and Offline classes and One to One sessions- in order for us to all stay safe, healthy and enjoy our classes. This selection may evolve also please do check the website / facebook schedule and contact Gill for the latest changes.
If you are attending offline classes please : –
Wear a face mask on entry and leaving buildings and until the class starts.
Queue outside, 2 metres apart and wait to be admitted to your class
Inside buildings please –
• On entry of the building use the provided hand sanitiser , or your own,
• Tissues will be provided for coughs and sneezes
• Buildings used will be cleaned before and after your class
• Mats will be spaced according to government guidelines
• There will be adequate ventilation in the rooms used
Guidelines about attendance for you
…You are personally responsible for yourself and our community.
Pregnant women should check with their midwife or doctor about whether they should attend before their first class.
•*Please – DO NOT ATTEND – if you are feeling unwell or have had contact with someone with Covid 19 in the last two weeks.THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT***. If in any doubt, attend ONLINE from home or miss a class to recover. If you attend and are found to have Covid-19 it has serious consequences for your friends in class.. Especially take responsibility if you are in the high risk group for infection or live with people who are.
• Arrive 10 minutes before class and queue outside.
• Wear a mask for entering / leaving the venue, until the class starts – you won’t need to wear it during class.
• Wear your yoga clothes already so you don’t need to change – You might need to wear layers – as rooms will be ventilated
• Bring all your own equipment – at least a mat, and anything else you need, ie a cushion or blanket – please clean these regularly ( no equipment will be provided)
• Please bring as little as possible extra to the classes ie phones, handbags etc. , where possible these including coats and shoes will be left outside rooms, or in allocated places within rooms.
• If you bring a water bottle, remember to take it home with you.
• Toilets will be accessible but to minimise risk please go at home/work beforehand!
• Remember, to wash your hands for 20 seconds regularly and do not touch your face.
If a student is unable to attend a class (once their session has commenced ) they are most welcome to attend an online session instead.